Software Testing has not remained what it was in the past. It is adopting automation at a rapid pace. Simply knowing manual testing may not be enough to get and keep the job in software testing domain. Job opportunities for test automation are seen increasing. This is very evident from current trends.
Current trends in software testing are as follows:
- Blending of Manual and Automation Testing
- Adoption of Agile and DevOps methodology and tools for faster delivery
- Increasing adoption of Open Source tools for test automation
- More focus on User eXperience , performance, Speed and quality of service.
- Shift from QA to Quality Engineering
- Demand for testing of applications developed using SMAC and IoT technologies
- Due to digitization, Automation would take lead
- Software Development Engineer in Test SDET would become key profile
On popular job sites, search for ‘Software Tester’ as role and you will find jobs count around 8-10 thousand.
Now just change the search to “Automation Tester” and Voila! List shows 3 times more openings.
Automation is taking every job in its stride. Hence Master Automation or forgo the job is the harsh reality everyone is experiencing be it a fresher or an experienced professional.
New Avatar of Software Tester : Software Development Engineer in Test
Software Development Engineer in Test is a profile which is getting popular. Here is a sample job profile. Look at the expectations from the “changed” software test engineer role and the big change is expertise in programming.
Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
- Hands on Experience in Selenium with Java (MUST Have)
- Hands on Experience in JAVA Scripting (MUST Have)
- Hands on Experience in Selenium/Protractor (MUST have)
- Experience in HTML, CSS
- Experience in Unit test tools like Jasmine or Karma
- Identify impact of new functionalities and make automation enhancements
- Develop, Test and Execute automation scripts
- Troubleshoot automation failures and make code fixes
- In depth experience in writing detailed and accurate test cases, test scripts, and test results
- Experience with SQL and data retrieval from a relational database is a plus
Course Overview: Software Testing
What this course can do for you?
Who can do this course?
- BE, BTech, MCS, MCM, BCS, BSc, BCA (Candidates appeared for final year can apply).
- Knowledge of ‘C Programming’ with Good Aptitude & Communication skills will be an added advantage.
The course has 14 different modules focusing on developing specific skill.
Module 1 : Learning C programming
- Create console-based applications using C language.
- Write modular programs by using functions.
- Use preprocessor directives in a program.
- Use pointers to handle integer arrays.
- Use sorting techniques such as Bubble sort, Insertion sort and Selection sort for sorting arrays.
- Use pointers to handle integer arrays, strings, structures and files.
- Dynamically allocate memory to hold data of different types.
- Process data in files using file I/O functions.
Module 2 : Oracle 12C – SQL
- Create tables.
- Use different SQL statements to retrieve and manipulate data.
- Use different types of Built in Functions.
- Handle data from multiple tables.
- Manipulate data from multiple tables using INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE command.
- Define database objects like index, sequence, views and synonyms.
Module 3 : Responsive Web Designing
- Design web pages dynamically and more innovatively.
- Develop websites.
- Create GUI for the applications like Library Management System, Hotel Management System.
Module 4 : S/W Testing (Manual Testing)
- Manual Testing concepts and techniques
- Agile Testing concepts and implementation
- Testing types & Test methods
- Non-functional testing types
- Test execution, defect management and test case management
Module 5 : Quantitative Aptitude
- Understand the concepts and theory of commonly asked topics in Quantitative Aptitude Tests.
- Master short cut methods of solving a given problem.
- Solve maximum questions in shortest amount of time.
Module 6 : Object-oriented Programming using Java
- Create object-oriented programs using Java programming language.
- Create Java classes by extending existing Java classes.
- Use interfaces in Java application.
- Access internal properties of a class using reflection.
- Apply Exception Handling mechanism in Java application.
Module 7 : Agile Testing Case Study
- Understand Agile Framework and team structure
- Read SRS and understand application functionalities and user stories
- Identify scenarios & develop Test cases based on the same
- Execution of test cases & Defect reporting
- Post mortem review, BurnDown Chart
Module 8 : Test Link
- To create a Test Project
- Privileges associated with various users
- Creation of Test plans & Builds
- Writing Test cases in Test Link & Execution & analysing execution reports
Module 9 : Bugzilla
- Create an account in Bugzilla
- File a bug
- Searching defects
- Defect life cycle, communication between development team & testing team
Module 10 : Test automation using Selenium WebDriver
- Create scripts using Record and Playback feature of Selenium
- How selenium identifies an Object
- Apply Checkpoints
- Enhance your test scripts
- Use WebDriver for automation
- Use TestNG Framework
Module 11 : ISTQB Preparation
- Use and apply ISTQB specific terminologies and techniques
- List and explain test design techniques, test lifecycle
- List and explain test management lifecycle including risk analysis
- Describe different types of tools used in testing
Module 12: Real-Time Project
- Understanding documentation of system under test
- Creation of test scenarios, test cases and their execution
- Defect Management and Reporting
- Creating automation Scripts
- Execution and debugging of automation scripts
Module 13: Employability Lab +
- Multiple Evaluations and performance Tracking
- Personal coaching and mentoring
- Interview preparation
- Mock interviews and Practice Tests
- Personality Development and Grooming
Software Testing Certifications
There are many international certifications available in software testing. The leading certifications are of two types: software testing process Certifications (vendor agnostic) and Automation tool Certifications(Vendor specific).
In this certification there are various levels starting from foundation to expert. The Foundation Level is first step towards becoming International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) Certified Tester. This certification is relevant across various practices, even for Waterfall or Agile.
ISTQB® Foundation Level qualification is about demonstrating practical knowledge about software testing concepts. It is also useful for higher level mangers for basic understanding of software testing discipline.
|ISTQB Foundation Level||https://www.istqb.org/certification-path-root/foundation-level-2018.html|
|ISTQB foundation: Agile Tester Extension||https://www.istqb.org/certification-path-root/agile-tester-extension/agile-tester-extension-in-a-nutshell.html|
Yes, all our job oriented programs come up with placements assistance as a value-added service. We provide placement assistance for 1 year if you opt for SDET or SDET Plus program.
No, we provide placement assistance.
Yes, written application to be submitted to center manager & candidate must pay 100% fees before doing the same.
Of course not. Programming / coding is responsibility of a developer in an IT organization whereas tester is supposed to validate the quality of application and artifacts.
Though strong knowledge of programming languages is not a mandate to become a software tester but logic building skills are absolutely required in order to understand the developed code / application.
Considering the era of Fast IT & DevOps ‘software testers’ are considered as ‘Software Development Engineer in Test – SDET’ now a day and automation is a key of almost all the projects. Hence logic building and basic knowledge of programming will be the pre-requisite to become a tester / SDET.
Don’t worry…. SEED Infotech will build required skill sets in you. Just be ready to learn.
Global Certifications are as important as technical expertise. Certifications adds value to resume of a fresher. ISTQB certification is globally recognized certification which forms the basis of the International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) Certified Tester Scheme. In software testing courses we have included ISTQB Foundation Examination Preparation module which will help you prepare for certification exam.
Globally recognized certification in automation testing i.e. Tricentis Tosca – AS1 is also included in all our software testing job oriented programs.
Global examinations are typically conducted online by respective certification body. ISTQB certification is conducted at all authorized Prometric centers whereas Tricentis Tosca – certification exam is conducted online post successful completion of course.
Yes, post successful completion of course and assessments SEED provides grade certificate / course completion certificate.
Post successful completion of Tricentis Tosca AS1 certification exam candidates will get Tricentis Tocsa AS1 certification from Tricentis.
Yes, we do execute the batches on weekend which are typically conducted for working professionals.
No, we do not give refund in any circumstances.
Yes, our training methodology is completely practical oriented. Adequate hands-on / labs are embedded in the course in order to ensure in-depth learning of the concepts.
In unavoidable circumstances batch transfer / center transfer is possible with due terms and conditions. Detailed information on same will be given at sales desk.
Our candidates are placed in companies.
You can pay fees by Cash/ Card/ Cheque / Paytm / Internet banking.
Why choose SEED Infotech as your Career Partner?
- SEED Infotech is Authorized Training Partner with Tricentis TOSCA.
- Our course offerings cover the entire gamut of technologies starting from foundation to advanced skills required by the industry. Our courses in Software Testing include manual testing, Java Programming, Selenium WebDriver etc.
- The courses also prepare the participant to appear for global certifications like ISTQB confidently.
- Courses are designed using well researched methodology called “SEEDagogy” based on latest techniques and tools from neuroscience, collaborative learning, synergogy, Instructional System Design(ISD)
- 90% Passing rate of ISTQB and other Certification Exam because of unique teaching methodology and practice
- More than + placement opportunities given to students on software Testing in last 7 years.
- More than 650 + Clients and 3000+ candidates placed in last 7 years in various IT companies.
- More than 24+ years of experience in IT and professional skill development training.