SDET – Software Development Engineer in Test
Software testing industry is changing! And changing drastically!!
On popular job sites, search for ‘software tester’ as role and you will find jobs count around 8-10 thousand. And if you go through the detailed job descriptions invariably you will find a mention of “automation testing“.
1-50 of 8432 Software Tester Jobs
Now just change the search to “Automation Tester” and Voila! List shows 3 times more openings. Automation is taking every job especially “Testing” in its stride.
1-50 of 27229 Automation Testing Jobs
Master Automation or forgo the job is the harsh reality everyone is experiencing be it a fresher or an experienced professional.
If we distill the information, we will get list of following skills to be mastered.
SDET: the new name for Software Testers
Software Engineer in Test (SDET) is a profile which is getting popular. Here is a sample job profile. Look at the expectations from the “changed” software test engineer role.
- Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
- Hands on Experience in Selenium with Java (MUST Have)
- Hands on Experience in JAVA Scripting (MUST Have)
- Hands on Experience in Selenium / Protractor (MUST have)
- Experience in HTML, CSS
- Experience in Unit test tools like Jasmine or Karma
- Identify impact of new functionalities and make automation enhancements
- Develop, Test and Execute automation scripts
- Troubleshoot automation failures and make code fixes
- In depth experience in writing detailed and accurate test cases, test scripts, and test results
- Experience with SQL and data retrieval from a relational database is a plus
Oh my God! So many things to know and apply. Please understand the urgency of grabbing the required skills quickly. You may explore various avenues for it based on your expertise and experience. Here we suggest one of such fast route to take automation in your side…..
….and march with head high on the career path!
- Enhance Employability
- Stand out in the interview by effectively demonstrating your abilities and technical knowledge.
- BE / B Tech / MCS /MCA / BCS / BSc / BCA or equivalent(Candidates appeared for final year can also apply)
SDET – Software Development Engineer in Test Course Highlights
- Experienced & Certified Faculties.
- Application of Neuroscience for improved pedagogy
- Extensive Hands on Practical’s.
- 100% Job Assistance with 500+ Leading MNC’s
- 25000+ interview calls arranged in Software Testing till date.
Considering this demand to create next generation software testers, we have created a job-oriented course at SEED Infotech which not only prepares one for current job challenges but gives an edge through latest technology learning to put one on the fast lane of becoming Software Development Engineer in Test, the future!
C programming, SQL , Responsive Web Designing ,Quantitative Aptitude
Java, Manual Testing, TestLink & Bugzilla & Case study, Selenium WebDriver ,Tricentis Tosca
Real Time Project using Agile Methodology