Will CCNA Certification make a difference?
Are you a recent graduate hunting for a job? Or tired of your current occupation and want to jump into the ever-growing IT bandwagon? Or already working in IT but want to take that next big step in your career? No matter the scenario you are in, one needs to prove his/her skills to the prospective employers. And by far the best way to do that; get certified.
And when it comes to a career in computer networking there is none better than CCNA. CCNA stands for Cisco Certified Network Associate. It is known as one of the most popular IT certifications in the world. Being CCNA certified is one of the best moves a beginner in IT industry can make.
Why? Cisco is undoubtedly one of the biggest global names in networking. And with over 80% of world network coverage, one can be forgiven to believe: Networking = CCNA.
The CCNA certification tests an individual’s skillset in the rapid deployment of technologies in today’s sophisticated networking environment. Having a CCNA certification proves that one has got the core networking skills to build a successful and stable career in computer networking. Any CCNA certification is generally valid for the duration of 3 years.
One can choose to do a CCNA certification in various streams such as:
- CCNA Routing and Switching: covers skills necessary to administer devices on small or medium-sized networks
- Cisco-Certified Design Associate (CCDA): enables an engineer to design switched or routed networks of LANs, WANs and broadband services.
- CCNA Cloud: In the era of the Internet of Everything (IoE), businesses are using public, private, or hybrid cloud delivery models to deliver personalized services, real-time access to information, and instant communications anytime, anywhere, on any device. This certification helps the engineer understand various capabilities of cloud networking systems.
- CCNA Collaboration: focus on the deployment and support of voice, video, and live text communication solutions across IP networks.
- CCNA CyberOps prepares candidates to begin a career working with associate-level cybersecurity analysts within security operations centers. Apart from rigging elections of other nations, organizations and individuals are expected to be indulged in constant cyber warfare. So cyber operations is going to be a crucial sector in the upcoming years.
- CCNA Industrial: is for plant administrators, control system engineers and traditional network engineers in the manufacturing, process control, and oil and gas industries, who will be involved with the convergence of IT and Industrial networks.
- CCNA Security: validates knowledge of security infrastructure, threats, and vulnerabilities to networks and threat mitigation.
- CCNA Service Provider: validates the ability of an engineer to configure and implement baseline Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation networks.
- CCNA Wireless: covers wireless LANs, including networking associates/administrators, wireless support specialists, and WLAN project managers.
Without a doubt a CCNA certification can open various path in the field of networking yet it’s merely a starting point of a networking career success journey. One can always go beyond CCNA and obtain a CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) and further CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) ultimately leading to becoming CCAr (Cisco Certified Architect).
Doing a CCNA Certification not only provides knowledge and skills but also offers a ticket to success. Those who specialize in the several courses offered by CCNA have better job possibilities in the best multinational business organizations.
Career Opportunities after CCNA Certification include work positions such as Network Support Engineer, System Engineers, Network Administrator, Network Engineers, Network Security Associate.
Many different job roles are also available depending on the CCNA track one chooses. For example, if one has excellent knowledge of wireless fundamentals, he/she can quickly get the job on that basis itself. Other job titles like Network Support Technician, Datacenter Associate, Video, and Voice Engineers, etc also become an instant possibility once you obtain a CCNA certification.
So what are you waiting for? An exciting career in computer networking is just a CCNA away…