Automation is driving and disrupting every business and job role starting from cars to software. With its promising Return-On-Investment (ROI) and speed Automation testing is replacing all repetitive processes in manual testing like running regression suites. Though manual testing will never be completely replaced, a bigger chunk of work is being automated.
With increased demand of FastIT, Agile practices and DevOps it is the need of time to revise the way we develop and test the software. New age of software testing is leading us towards ‘Test Driven Development’ and ‘Behavior Driven Development’ i.e. TDD & BDD where testing practices lead development process.
Considering this rapid change, software Testers should not only learn sound manual software testing practices but need to shift their focus more on automation and test framework design.
Companies are adopting more and more open source options for creating homegrown test frameworks. Selenium has become a kind of de-facto standard in this space. The flexibility of modifying the framework through programming to suit one’s project needs is a key behind popularity of Selenium Web Driver.
Have a look at typical job specification/description of a Automation Tester.
Job Title: Automation Engineer / Automation Tester
- Hands on Experience in Selenium 3.x with Java (MUST Have)
- Thorough understanding of Test Driven Development practices (MUST have)
- Thorough understanding of Behavior Driven Development practices (MUST have)
- Knowledge of Agile practices (Must have)
- Working knowledge of Build Tools like Maven (Must have)
- Use of logging tool i.e. Log4J (Good to have)
- Use of Cucumber for implementation of TDD & DDT (MUST have)
- Working knowledge of TestNG (Must have)
- Basic knowledge of Selenium Grid (Good to have)
- Develop, Test and Execute automation scripts
- Troubleshoot automation failures and make code fixes
- In depth experience in writing detailed and accurate test cases, test scripts, and test results
Course Overview: Advanced Selenium WebDriver with Cucumber
What this course can do for you?
Who can do this course?
- Fresher or working professionals with the basic knowledge of Manual Testing concepts.
- Understanding of programing fundamentals will be the additional advantage for enhancing learning of automation.
The course has 10 different modules focusing on developing specific skills.
Module 1 : Introduction to Selenium IDE
- What is Selenium
- Understanding and Using Selenium IDE & Its features
- difference between Selenium & QTP
- Recording & running simple scripts
- Selenium basic concepts & commands
- Object identification, Element locators, Regular expression
- Limitations of IDE
- Introduction to RC (theory)
Module 2 : Eclipse
- Installing Eclipse
- Creating simple project
- Importing & Exporting
- Debugging using Eclipse
- Exploring Eclipse
Module 3 : Web Driver
- Installation, Firebug, FirePath, Web Driver
- Configuring Web Driver with eclipse
- Creation of basic code
- Creating scripts using functions
- Client libraries
- Web Driver commands with example
- Working with Excel sheet
- Locating GUI Elements
- Accessing forms
- Exception Handling
- Working with different browsers
- Working with dynamic objects
- Drag and drop operations and handling of mouse hover menus
- Cookie management
- Working with Frames
Module 4 : Enhancements
- Locating GUI elements
- Accessing forms
- Exception handling
Module 5 : TestNG
- Introduction to TestNG
- Why TestNG
- Configuring TestNG
- Basic usage
- Exploring TestNG features
- Reporting features
Module 6 : Frameworks
- Page Object Model Framework
- Data Driven Framework
- Keyword Driven framework
Module 7 : Selenium Grid
- Introduction to Selenium Grid
Module 8 : Log4j
- Introduction to Log4j
- Configuring Log4j
- Generating System logs
- Generating User Defined logs
Module 9 : Maven
- Introduction to Build Process and Build Tools
- Introduction to Maven
- Installation and Configuration of Maven
- Using POM (Project Object Model)
- Using different Maven feature – Maven Build
- Maven Cleaner etc.
Module 10 : Cucumber
- Introduction to TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Introduction to BDD (Behavior Driven Development)
- Cucumber Installation and Configuration
- Creating Cucumber Tests
- Cucumber Features
- Data Driven Testing Using Cucumber
- Use TestNG Framework
Yes, all our programs come up with placements assistance as a value-added service. We provide placement assistance.
No, we do not provide global certification for this course as it is open source tool.
Yes, we do provide course completion certificate.
Yes, we do execute this course on weekends as well.
No, we do not process refund.
Yes, this course is based on problem definition and solution hence it is fully practical based.
Yes, batch transfer is done with due permissions from operations and sales head under certain conditions.
Yes, trainers are certified by practice heads and subject matter experts.
Our candidates are placed in companies
You can pay fees by Cash / Card / Cheque / Paytm / Internet banking.
Why choose SEED Infotech as your Career Partner?
- SEED Infotech is Pioneer in the training of software Testing and the first one to launch software testing course in year 2000.
- SEED Infotech is Authorized Training Partner with Tricentis TOSCA.
- Our course offerings cover the entire gamut of technologies starting from foundation to advanced skills required by the industry. Our courses in Software Testing include manual testing, Java Programming, Selenium WebDriver, Tricentis TOSCA etc.
- The courses also prepare the participant to appear for global certifications like ISTQB and automation tool certifications like Tricentis TOSCA AS1, AS2 confidently.
- Courses are designed using well researched methodology called “SEEDagogy” based on latest techniques and tools from neuroscience, collaborative learning, synergogy, Instructional System Design(ISD)
- 90% Passing rate of ISTQB and other Certification Exam because of unique teaching methodology and practice
- More than + placement opportunities given to students on software Testing in last 7 years.
- More than 650 + Clients and 3000+ candidates placed in last 7 years in various IT companies.
- More than 24+ years of experience in IT and professional skill development training.